Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Big girl workout shoes

In the never-ending, perpetual effort to lose weight and add a few years to my life, any and all motivation techniques must be employed. Today - big girl workout shoes. Getting to wear a new pair of shoes is motivation for just about anything, right?
I've worn the Skechers Shape Up tennies to exercise for the last couple of years, and now I feel a little silly in them, for a couple of reasons. One, I clearly fell hook, line and sinker for the ads claiming the Shape Up technology would leave me with a tight, gorgeous ass. (Still wide and lumpy). Two, if you look close at the gym, only the wanna bes have the Shape Ups. True gym rats have real exercise/running sneakers.
Three, and perhaps most humiliating of all, I picked out the super cool black Shape Ups with hot pink trim last year, BEFORE Kim Kardashian endorsed the exact same pair in an ad. (Um, confession, I know this not because I saw the ad, but because I saw the episode of their show where they were filming it.) Anyway, regardless, now I look like I'm a KK fan, which I allegedly may or may not be, but I certainly don't want to LOOK like one.
Hence, Nike running sneaks with cool orange swoosh. Which you'll see on my feet Friday when I have my first official session with a personal trainer.

No comments: