Wednesday, February 15, 2012

pinterest, etc.


My advice to fluffy middle aged women who are married with children - do NOT click on "Everything" and start looking around. Okay, go do it, then we'll talk about it.

Skinny tan abs. Hot guys. Wedding ideas. Killer stilettos. Diamonds. It's too late for me, period. Abs - impossible after carrying two 10 pound babies (SH! SH! I don't want to hear it. No, I can't, and you won't change my mind). Hot guys - love my hubs, I'll leave it at that. Stilettos - I'd look like a middle aged hooker. I will stick to following my friends who post cheesy pasta casseroles and cute decorating ideas for my backyard.



Okay, this is more like it. Here is what is sitting on my desk next to me as I prowl Pinterest pinning cheesy casseroles. Red wine, self-explanatory. 9/10 eaten bag of Valentine's conversation hearts. Can't understand why I like them, but I do; refer to facebook status update a while back re: Bottle Caps and Tums.

Upper right corner, the very un-glamorous to-do list. Honestly, top three on the list...closet dump, hand me downs to Marci, and cover the living room pillows. I didn't make that up. Not too exciting, although the handwriting is pretty nice. My sister told me once (she's a school teacher and knows this kind of stuff) that I don't write my letters, I draw them. Random.

Going clockwise, it's a printout of the budget. Don't look close - it's scary. Larry and I have kind of spent the last two months ignoring the fact that we just slashed the family income in half, and now it's time to face the music. You won't find me checking in at restaurants on facebook much any more...and if you do please give me shit because we can't afford it any more.

The blue sheet...that's a questionnaire about things that I suppose I should not blog about should one of our children grow up and take issue with the fact that I posted too much about them in my blog.

My glamorous life. Off to drain the red.

No comments: