Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mini Diva Moment

Tonight Olivia and I were driving to the grocery store, and out of the blue, she said, "Mom, remember back when I was in kindergarten at Gilbert Arts Academy?" Why yes, I do remember, as it was only two weeks ago.

"Weeeeell, one day it was snack time, and I had to go to the bathroom. I came back, and while I was gone, Marshall ate ALL . . . MY . . . OREOS!" Arms and fingers spread wide in dramatic gesture.

Of course my first thought was, where on earth did this come from? My girl is holding some serious grudges if she hasn't already let this go - and it was totally random. We'd just gotten the car washed, and were singing along really loud to "Hotel California" by the Eagles. It's on Guitar Hero World Tour, and I'm ashamed to say the boys have played it so many times that she's memorized all the words.

"Mrs. Grant gave me some more," she said. "But when he ate my Oreos I was sooooo sad." Excellent puppy dog eyes.

"I'm sorry, Olivia," I told her. "At least you got some more Oreos."

"I really need to tell Lily about this," she said in all sincerity. Lily is her neighborhood friend. "Lily knows everything about everybody."

"Will you pleeeeeease buy me a cell phone so I can call Lily?" Aaaah! So that's where this was headed. She was dead serious, and tried to argue her case the entire time we were in the store. Really? She is five. Not to worry, I won't cave on this one.

No comments: