Wednesday, May 20, 2009

happy anniversary, love

Short post today that may sound a little cliche, but is from the heart, entirely.

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary, and I feel blessed to be able to say I couldn't imagine being with anyone else, ever.

I want to grow old with my husband and watch our kids graduate from high school and get married and have grandkids. I want to travel the world once our babies have left the nest. I want to sit together in rocking chairs on the front porch when we're retired. I want to die on the exact same day so that neither of us has to live without the other. I want to be with him forever.


Sometimes we may take each other for granted, and sometimes we lose ourselves in the grind of everyday life. But today is at least one day when I stop to think about how I'm not just happy; I'm not just in love; I'm complete. Love evolves into so much more when you are matched with your soul mate.

Larry, I love you.

No comments: