Friday, May 29, 2009

My Twitter account is paying off. A couple of weeks ago, I got a tweet from a deejay at a local radio station and ended up winning tickets to see Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails. This week, I got a tweet that if we bought a lotto ticket at a grocery store in south Phoenix, they would give us two tickets to a Diamondbacks game. Just so happens that the grocery store was close to where Larry works. Voila! Date night.

Unfortunately, every time Larry and I go to a D'backs game, they lose. Siroky curse is still intact - we lost 10-6. But the garlic fries rocked.

Anywho, we didn't have tickets for the kids, and we didn't particularly want to pay for a sitter. Griffin turned 12 in April...technically, according to the law anyway, he can stay home alone. He and his brother have stayed home alone before when I go to the grocery store and stuff - but the full-on night alone with both Connor and Olivia is new territory. Considering Griffin and Olivia absolutely torchure each other on a daily basis, we were worried. However the desire to go to the game alone prevailed. We threw caution to the wind.

I'm home. Everyone is still alive, no one ended up in the ER, and they weren't carried off by strangers. Whew. I only got about eight calls from Olivia. Mommy, Griffin said I could play with Connor's DS, and he's in charge. Mommy, I love you so much, you're the best Mommy in the world. Mommy, Griffin turned on the baseball game, and you are there! Mommy, when you get home, can we go buy a house for my go go pet?

Larry and I feel like teenagers who just got their drivers' licenses. Movies. Dates. Alone...without having to pay more for the sitter than we do on dinner. Nice.

No comments: