Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let's be clear...and my husband's butt

Okay, let's be totally clear from the outset here. I adore my five-year-old daughter. And if I'm perfectly honest, my label of mini-diva is most likely the result of deep-seated envy at the personality traits that come to her quite naturally, that I could never manage to muster as a young girl - or even can as an adult. She is confident, outgoing, strong-willed, funny...oh, and did I say strong-willed?

Last night, Olivia learned that she will now have to take a test in order to get into the first grade (another story, another day). When she then found out that she had to wait until June to take the test, she immediately threw her hands on her hips and said in her grown-up sassy voice that she can flip on at any given moment, "well, then, I'd better practice". She pulled out three sheets of paper and her markers and started writing the alphabet, over and over. She'd bring it to me to "check", and then she'd go do it again. Then her numbers, 1-30. You get it. Determined. Keep in mind, this was not my idea - she decided all on her own that by god, no namby-pamby little test is going to keep her from going to Houston Elementary with her friends next year.

Moving on to additional family news...

The subject of cyber legacies had re-emerged, as my husband today posted his bare a** on the internet for all to see. Granted, it is "mosaic-ed out", as they say in the biz. It's one of those create-an-ad contests that he and his work buddy enter all the time, and if they win, we get a percentage of the $10k pot. Is it worth it? I don't know. But now that he chose to put it out there, I'm sending the link to everyone I know so that he can win and mama can get her new laptop. Here is the link, log in and vote if you are so inspired...

http://contest.forrent.com/main/video?creative_id=118

No comments: