Monday, May 11, 2009

I've been threatening to do this for months

I'm finally doing it - starting a blog, that is. I know, the idea is not the least bit original, and there will be nothing particularly noteworthy in this post. But if I do it, and tell others I've done it, then I have to continue doing it. Although I don't know that anyone particularly cares if I do it or not!

I was stuck for about three weeks deciding what to call the blog. You know, it's a permanent cyber-record, and I don't want it to come back to haunt me. Now I look at it and think, will my two mild-mannered sons read this when they grow up and feel slighted that I named the blog after their sister Olivia? It just so happens that right now she creates the most drama for all 5 of us, so it seemed appropriate. So, Griffin & Connor, if you are reading this 10 years down the road...my apologies, you know how dear you are to me. Drive me crazy 24/7 in the next year and you might get a blog named after you, too.

So here it is - my blog, perhaps for nobody but myself, my beloved mother who always reminds me who I really am, and my dear husband who always begs me to write. I'm thinking my letters to him while we were dating might be the best shot we have at a best-selling, college education-financing, retirement-ensuring book. But until we dig those out and he gets me drunk enough to give him permission to reprint them...this will have to do!

2 comments:

Sooz said...

Rockin Robyn....entendre intended. You are my inspiration. I'm so glad to see you doing this!

Sue P said...

I'm so proud of you. You have always had a gift of expressig yourself, be it in words, pictures or verbally, and I think this is long overdue. I love you, Sweetie. Aunt Sue.